Internships with ACR
Set your resume apart.
Seeking entrance into a specific program? Need more hands-on experience?
Internships are available to all employees. Not an employee yet? The first step to starting an internship with ACR is to apply at ACR and be hired! Internships are then discussed during your first day of orientation.
Questions? Email email@example.com
ACR works alongside employees toward their educational and career goals. Internships give your resume a boost. Another advantage of an internship at ACR is that it can help make your work experience here even more applicable for future career and educational goals. In addition, several ACR employees have been able to use their internships at ACR to obtain credit for internship experience at local colleges and universities while also getting paid to work!
What you Need to Know
- All employees are eligible for internships
- Internships are 6 months long and can be started at any point during employment, once initial training is completed
- Employees must maintain their direct care requirement (minimum 10 shifts/month) throughout their internship
- Internships combine your direct care experience with a topic or special project chosen to relate to your field of study or interest
- Interns have the option of attending Internship Seminars with Jim Nelson, CEO of ACR, to receive a letter of recommendation from him!
The internship program is designed to be flexible and self-led, making it possible to be a Direct Care Professional, Intern, and Student all at the same time. Interns completing the program will walk away with a well written paper that can be used in a portfolio for future applications to educational programs or work. Use this internship as an educational, hands-on experience that will set you apart from all of the others competing with you in your field of interest!
Internship Focus Areas
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Exercise Science/Kinesiology
- Social Work
- Public Health
- Family Social Science
- Healthcare Management
- Event Planning
- Human Resources
- Creative Arts
- And many more