This is the time of year when students have finished their finals, and are possibly taking a few days of R & R before looking ahead to that next semester. If that’s you (or someone near and dear to you), pay attention. Winter break will be gone before you know it, and you don’t want to waste this opportunity. Use your break to do something energizing that will give you a new perspective on school.
Starting a new job might be just the ticket. Interesting jobs that are good resume builders all have a bit of a learning curve, and you need time and energy to master the details and get off to a good start. Winter break is a great time to do it.
Use winter break to get a job, get trained, get paid
Lots of students have found that ACR offers incredible opportunities to pursue their passions and make a difference doing meaningful, life-changing work. Here are some good reasons to get going on it over winter break:
- A change is as good as a rest! Getting work experience at ACR will add a whole new dimension to your spring semester studies. Who knows, it could even be career changing.
- Need an internship or patient-care experience? Starting now could set you up for a great internship opportunity and will give you a jump start on meeting that challenging aspect of your degree.
- Getting hired means you’re about to undergo 60+ hours of paid training and orientation. You could get it all done during winter break. Once your new classes get underway, you’ll be glad you did.
- When your initial training is done you’ll get a $1.50 bump in pay. You can get that in two weeks or two months–why not get it sooner and finish your break a few bucks ahead rather than the other way around?
- Consider working full-time awake night shifts. It requires self-discipline and time management skills, and ACR employs lots of students who are looking to develop those very skills. If you get started over winter break you might just have some paid time off to use over spring break!
- Semester break could also be the PERFECT time to apply for a promotion at ACR! Come to our ACR Opportunity Fair on Friday, January 20th from 1pm-4pm at J.Arthur’s Coffee and learn about internship opportunities and promotion opportunities including Residential Coordinator, Residential Supervisor, LPN, RN, etc!
So, have a great break, everyone! The first to apply and start their training get first pick of available options, so get on it!